Dear CARTA Community,
In support of our Lee Caplin School of Journalism & Media’s mission to prepare career-ready journalists and media professionals in English and Spanish and our vision to shape the future of journalism and media education, I am excited to announce the launch of a series of new student-produced and faculty-directed content-creating platforms within the Caplin School:
- Caplin News – daily news and information
- Caplin Media – video, film, games, animation and immersive media projects
- Caplin News en Espanol – daily news and information in Spanish
- Caplin Media en Espanol – video, film, games, animation and immersive media projects in Spanish
- Art Speak – e-magazine of video interviews with contemporary artists
These platforms support our promises to provide students with:
- the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by a diverse, dedicated, innovative, and acclaimed faculty of professional practitioners and scholars.
- an engaging, inclusive, content producing curriculum that supports our experiential “learn by doing” teaching philosophy.
- instruction in the use of industry standard equipment, software, and the latest immersive and emerging technologies.
- information, media, and digital literacy skill sets required to combat misinformation and disinformation.
- access to participate in and engage with our local, national, and global media partnerships.
- need-based and merit-based financial assistance.
- the opportunity to complete their degree in a timely manner with career ready skills sets.
For more information and to experience the award-winning work of our talented students, including our daily Newsbreak morning newscast, visit our updated website at caplinnews.fiu.edu (formerly, sfmn.fiu.edu), and follow us on social media at @caplin.news @_artspeak @fiujournalism @fiucarta
In Support of the Blue + Gold,